Season Focus for 2016March 29th, 2016 | Posted by in Administration
North Slope Farm – Plans for 2016
Farm Manager – MikeR
Crew – Colleen, Todd, Jacob, Dan & Two 1st Year Trainees.
(Estimated Full Time Wages: $90,000) (2015: $65,000 incl tax)
Need to generate an extra $30-$40 thousand, in 2016.
- Focus on crops that we could have sold more of – Herbs, Blackberry’s, Strawberries, Asian Pears, Apples, Peaches, Green beans, Tomatoes, Flowers, Micro’s, Seedlings (?), Complete Summary to highlight items we can do better with….
- Expand Sales at Farmstand – Special Focus, with events, Email Newsletter, Visible activity, Beautification and Signs.
- Invest in Production Systems to Increase Production
- Plant more Fruit Trees, Brambles, Strawberries
- Plant High Tunnels with Fruit Trees (Peaches?) – Research and Trials – trees vs brambles vs strawberries
- Develop Dedicated Production Area/System for Micro’s
New Developments to Explore and Test:
- Farmstand: Develop area into child and visitor friendly experience.
- Juicing: Incorporate processing and bottling into the work week.
- Increasing Egg Production: Develop feed production system to reduce cost.
- Expand Speciality Herbs: Dedicate growing areas, Drying, Process and Store in farmhouse.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.