Position Descriptions – 2011January 4th, 2011 | Posted by in Training
Position Descriptions – 1/2011, MikeR
North Slope Farm
Opportunities for the 2011 Season.
Please note, there are two categories of workers at North Slope Farm.
1) Stewardship Guild – Trainee:
- Participation in, and Introductions to, core Farm Activities, as directed by Farm Manager.
- Value: $3,000 (funded by StewardshipGuild.org), for 9 month season.
- Minimum commitment “part-time,” at wages listed below (see Wage Laborer).
- Personalized experiential focus, including consultations with Farm Manager.
- Required to contribute to records of operation and postings on Website.
- Participation in core Farm Activities, at a rate of $8.50 per hour.
- Regular record keeping, summary publication and Personal Focus.
- Expectation of Focus on specific Farm Operations – ‘Element.’
- ‘Element’: Farm activities are broken down into specific elements, including; administration, infrastructure, greenhouse, composting/waste management, equipment, planting, cropcare, harvesting, handling, marketing, special projects, etc.. You must chose an element to be responsible for, based on long term interests. This will prepare you for the responsibilities of the third season.
Third (final) Season:
- Full responsibility for some element of farm activities. A plan, including budget, timeline of activity and estimate of value of projected product/service should be presented to the Farm Manager before the end of proceeding season. If the plan can be integrated into expected farm activities, you will be designated to execute the plan.
- Compensation: Compensation should be accounted for in the proposed budget for managing your element. You will be responsible for budgeting your time. Farm activities will rely on your fulfillment of your plan. Individual contracts encouraged.
- Non element compensation: Time spent on other projects on the farm such as harvesting, planting, washing, marketing, will be compensated for at a rate of $9 per hour.
- Successful Completion of Third Season will establish your eligibility for the highest rate of laborer pay; $10 per hour in future work, as well as active support in finding rewarding full time employment.
2) Wage Laborer:
- No related experience: state minimum; $7.25 per hour.
- Minimal related work experience (with references): $7.75 per hour.
- Extensive agricultural experience (3 full seasons): $8.50 per hour.
Responsibilities and Basic Requirements:
- Physical ability to manipulate buckets and crates up to 50 pounds.
- Reliable adherence to pre agreed schedule.
- Ability to handle tools responsibly and willingness to accept direction in their use and care.
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 Both comments and pings are currently closed.